IIT Finland 2022
IIT Finland July 1st – July 10th 2022
First time in Finland: International Intensive Training (IIT), a 9-day intensive training together with the Center for Nonviolent Communication.
Details about the Midnight Sun IIT in Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
Discover skills that will help you improve the quality of your relationships, deepen your inner peace, and increase your contribution to the world.
Join us to be part of a compassionate community learning together how to speak from the heart; practice deep, nonjudgmental listening; and build self-empowerment from the inside out.
This event is a 9-day residential training designed as an “immersion experience” in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) led by a team of experienced CNVC certified trainers.
The purpose is to offer you the opportunity to live the process of NVC in the community over an extended period of time, in order to develop the mindsets and practical tools to help you in three areas:
- Personal and Professional Relationships
- Increase connection and closeness with the people you love.
- Speak in a way that inspires compassion and understanding.
- Initiate difficult conversations with more ease and confidence.
- Remain centered and peaceful when receiving difficult messages.
- Express and receive anger fully, safely, and respectfully… yet powerfully.
- Resolve long-standing conflicts and heal painful relationships.
- Parent-children from the heart and move beyond power struggles into cooperation.
- Translate criticism, judgments, and blame into life-serving messages.
- Inner Transformation
- Shift patterns of thinking that lead to depression, guilt and shame and perpetuate pain
- Transform anger into self-understanding, thereby increasing inner peace.
- Expand your ability to process emotion and connect to choice in how you respond.
- Enliven yourself by expressing and receiving gratitude.
- Learn to embody unconditional love.
- Contribution and Social Change
- Teach others a way to increase inner peace, liberate themselves and strengthen relationships.
- Share NVC in ways that transmit and model it’s power to transform and inspire others.
- Create educational systems where students love learning and teachers love teaching.
- Learn to engage in effective, lasting nonviolent social change in the tradition of Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Participants will be an international group with a range of interests and topics. Individuals will come from different backgrounds, cultural/political contexts, and different life experiences. We intend to prioritize these three areas and hope to hold them in a way that all will find a place for themselves in the discussions. There is also room for co-creation. We welcome you to identify specific topics that you imagine will support you in applying NVC in these areas of your life.
This retreat will be offered in English and is designed for people who have at least a basic ability to speak and understand English. We will not provide a full translation into Finnish or any other language, however, we are coming together as a community eager to support each other. We will ask who in the group has language skills that would be willing to support others who may not have strong English skills. With the help of volunteers from the group, we have the following strategies:
- Finnish participants who are not fully comfortable expressing themselves in English can speak Finnish in the full group and be translated into English
- In many sessions, there will be an opportunity for practice in small groups. You can choose to be with others who speak the same native language and may conduct this small group in the language of your choice
- If a trainer speaks a word or phrase that you don’t understand, you can request a spontaneous and brief translation of that word or phrase.
This training is part of the path towards becoming a CNVC certified trainer. It is highly recommended to anyone who wishes to share NVC, whether you want to be certified or not.
Videos of the IIT