Russian invasion of Ukraine and Midsummer IIT Finland
We appreciate you taking care of your needs for safety. It’s easy for us to imagine that this current situation can raise many questions for clarity and information and here’s what we have to offer right now:
Finland is a stable Nordic society and well prepared for various types of security threats. Travelling to and in Finland is safe – everyday life runs normally, and we warmly welcome travellers to Finland.
The Government of Finland has opened a dedicated website on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Under the title ‘Safety and security of supply it’s stated that Finland is well prepared for different kinds of crises and incidents. The Government and the authorities are monitoring the current situation and assessing how it will evolve. Finland is not currently under threat.
You may visit the site to learn more about the crisis as well as Finland’s position regarding it.
We also encourage you to follow your own country’s travel advisories, for example, the web pages of your own Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
If you are planning on arriving via air, for the latest announcements and notifications concerning Finnair flights and travelling, please read Finnair’s travel updates.
- 15% for Certification Candidates
- 15% for repeat participants of an IIT or VIT
(Note: only one of these discounts may apply; you may combine this with the early bird discount)
We understand that people have different amounts of financial resources and we like to include as many people as possible in our trainings.
In some cases, we can offer financial assistance for tuition (discounts are not available for Room and Board, which is booked directly with the venue). If you would like to request tuition assistance, please apply for it in the IIT registration, which opens on February 2022.
What is the Daily Schedule & Structure?
06:30 – 07:30 Morning offerings
07:30 – 08:45 Breakfast
09:00 – 10:00 Communicty Meeting (=Remembering*, logistics, NVC offerings etc.)
10:00 – 10:15 Break
10:15 – 12:15 Session One
12:15 – 14:15 Lunch & Break
14:15 – 15:15 Session 2 – Homegroups
15:15 – 15:30 Break
15:30 – 17:30 Session 3
17:30 – 18:30 Community Meeting (Celebrations & mournings, evening session announcements, logistics etc.)
18:30 – 19:30 Dinner
Between 19:30 -21:30 Session 4
*The Remembering Sessions help participants be aware of the purpose underlying NVC. Participants who wish to share may express this remembering with a short exercise, a ceremony, poem, musical selection, a reading, etc. If you would enjoy doing so, please bring materials to contribute to the Remembering Sessions.
What are the start and end times?
On (start) day 1: Dinner is served. Please arrive between 16:00 – 17:00 in order to register, settle into your room, eat dinner at 17:30 – 18:30, and be ready for the first meeting at 19:00. The scheduled start of the program (first meeting) is at 19:00.
On (last) day 10: The last meeting ends before lunch. Lunch at 12:15 – 13:15 is still included.
Cancellation and refund policy
If CNVC cancels this training, you will receive a 100% refund of tuition paid.
A. If you cancel for a non-Covid-related reason*:
Through 11-Jun-2022, you have two options:
- Transfer 100% of your tuition to a future IIT; or
- Receive a refund minus a nonrefundable $150 tuition deposit
After 11-Jun-2022, you have two options:
- Transfer 75% of tuition to a future CNVC training (we retain 25%); or
- Receive a 50% tuition refund (we retain 50%).
B. If you cancel due to contracting Covid-19:
Before you arrive on-site, you have two options (requires an official document showing that you tested positive in the past 2 weeks):
- Transfer 100% of tuition to a future IIT; or
- Receive a 100% refund.
After arriving on-site including any time during the training:
- No tuition refund is available
- If you have any symptoms of flu, we will ask you to get a Covid test kit from the venue and in case the result is positive, inform the organizers immediately. In that case we will organize you a separate private room and we will be able to connect you to at least one seminar room with a computer, in case you feel well enough to participate from your room.
We will minimize contact with people outside of our group. We invite you to limit physical interaction with all non-participants and therefore there will be only our group and the staff present during the whole 10 days. We will do our best to assure safety for the whole group.
Cancellation policy for accommodation costs
- If Kiponniemi cancels this training, you will receive a 100% refund of accommodation paid.
- until June 11th 2022, we will refund the full payment less the deposit (the deposit of 150 EUR / per person will not be refunded),
- after June 12th 2022, no refunds are possible.